Tuesday, October 18, 2011































Teaching (In Italy, all around the world)...


These past weekend s WORKSHOPS in Italy have reminded me, again and again, of the reason why I do what I do.









I told the students in Merano, as I tell everybody who inquires me about the subject, that I am a performer first and a TEACHER in second place. My first, original, most precious work is performing on stage (dance, acting) and TEACHING is a luxury, the cherry on top of the cake, the champagne bubbles running out from the cup because it is too full...






Teaching is also a work of COMPLETE generosity (or it should be) and maturity.


I am often asked: "You re such an incredible teacher! How come you don t have your own school?"





My answer is multicoloured.


I already teach all around the world and that has always been my dream. That gives me the opportunity to meet different countries, cultures, mentalities, dancers and spread my DANCE and LESSONS LEARNT throughout the whole rainbow of incredible people I meet on the ways...





Then I am a gipsy by nature. I cannot stay put on the same place for long, that is known by the ones who are close to me. Contradicting this nature would kill me.


I need to move, feel free to leave at any time to any place. And so I do...






I also think that having a school will come, eventually, when I am not performing anymore and have accumulated enough artistic, profissional and personal experience to have my own IDENTITY as a School owner and director. There is lots of time for that so I m not in a hurry.





How much do I also learn from my students?! Oh, God...they have no idea...They are the reason, aside from my audiences in shows, why I am an ARTIST working in its own field, chosen out of love and passion.


I am blessed to work as a DANCER both performing and teaching. The idea of doing it everywhere, with no fixed place to root me in is my DREAM coming true at this moment.



You should never cage a bird which is made to fly.


And so I DO. I fly................................................

No comments: