Sunday, October 23, 2011

( Lilith, John Collier painting)












Celebrating the "bitch of the day" or simply the Lilith in me! (?)












Well, well, well...may I say VERY well?! Yes, indeed.






These days away from the madness of Cairo and the "killing of the witch" going on my back at the marvellous Facebook have done miracles.












In fact, I realized - once more - that answering to what I REALLY consider unhappy, frustrated women who see in others the projection of everything they are not or cannot be would not fix any problem, it would just perpetuate it.










I didn t only block and reported a lady called Blume to the Facebook authorities but I also blocked away all the "witch" burning that followed. It is not interesting to me because it speaks about these same miserable women. It doesn t even speak about me and I have no interest in these women s frustrations being clearly expressed through the witch of the day, me!:)






If you didn t follow the, apparently, BIG subject (ridiculous, ridiculous...) then you wouldn t know a very funny fact: I am the witch many women are, happiply, burning on the communal village of shared unhappiness.




I don t even mind to fill that role, as long as something great and CONSTRUCTIVE comes out of it. And, thanks God, it DOES.






Answering to hateful comments of people who don t even know me (simply because a friend of mine sinned by posting the very offensive link of my Fan Page in a Group with the name "Cairo" in it) is not the right thing to do.






Sure I do not aim to please anyone or to be nice to people just because they are potential sponsors, students, clients of my work. I m my worst enemy in this case.


My friends are my friends due to their human quality and they, usually, have nothing to do with my profession (although I have a handful of dancers who happen to be my true friends) and NEVER for hidden agenda interests of my own. That game people play makes me sick to my stomach and has nothing to do with the way I lead my life.





I will be the kindest person to anyone and everyone who will approach with kindness and my answer will NEVER depend on my potential "professional" interest in this person. It s just not the way I live.


I firmly believe that people will request my work JUST BECAUSE of its quality and not because I practice the very common art of adulation and social networking full of lobbies who promote friends and "connections" instead of ARTISTS and QUALITY.



I go against the tide in this matter as I do in many others.





I also will NEVER refrain from expressing my opinion about anyone. If I have a positive opinion about someone, whoever she/he may be, I express it. If I have a negative one and that person disrespects me in any way, then I will also express it and that I don t intend to change.



Some people love me for that and others simply hate me. That s LIFE! You cannot please Greeks and Trojans.





After a few days of burning on the stake of women who felt relieved from their own frustrations by trashing me (I m glad I could be of a great service to you all) for the sin I commited (link to my Fan Page and message to the person who threatened me by advising her to take some therapy sessions and making her notice how miserable she must be if she took the time to accuse me of spam and criminal behaviour simply because someone posted my Fan Page link to her group! WTF???), a great ray LIGHT came to my head.








I thought to myself: "How can I help WOMEN unite each other and SHARE the GREAT things they do INSTEAD of creating lobbies of frustrated beings and destroying the ones who ACHIEVE things in life and reach for their own potential?"





I thought I already did that in my workshops and private lessons. By pushing my students to be their FULL selves and giving them confidence to be themselves and reach higher in their dancing and lives, I presumed my job was being done.


I even thought that, by my example, I could inspire other Women (dancers and others) to BELIEVE they could dream BIG and achieve their goals without selling their own soul to the devil.


I presumed my career example would be of good service to other women who need an extra push or strenght to believe in their potential, develop it and fight for their dreams...


Yet that is not enough...





Complaining and feeding the hate that has been built around the bitch of the day


(" Oui, c'est moi!" and I say it with a cigar between my lips and fishnet stockings that will cause another riot between the little, desperate housewives of this world) would not do the trick.I ve learnt so far that Ghandi was right in many things, specially in this one:



"Be the change you want to see in the world."








So I decided to CREATE a Group in Cairo. A very special one.




"Women's Empowerment and CREATIVE union through Oriental Dance"







From this main idea, another ones flowed like beautiful flowers "blooming" (ironic but very accurate verb being used in this situation...thanks to you, dear Blume, whoever you are!).


An open weekly Oriental dance class to egyptian, arab and all foreigner women in Cairo where I could teach them more than steps.





An open discussion covered in a warm environment, cappuccinos and egyptian tea about subjects that worry and affect women's lives after the class.






A Book club that will select, democratically, a specific piece of literary work per month and then discuss about it, dance about it, write about it, probably live about it. It feels to me a way of uniting women in the same purpose of improving their life s quality by exploring all potentials of their senses/bodies, hearts, minds and spirits.


It all just fell on my lap like a bright, juicy, sweet orange in a sizzling hot summer day!





The idea is still in my womb, thanks to the bitch burning valuable process I ve been blessed to go through. The thing they didn t know about TRUE witches is that they get stronger and more creative after being burnt.:) It s quite like being reborn, do you know what I mean?






I am very excited and happy with this project, also realizing that GREAT things can be born from the most potentially hurting situations. That LIGHT can come out of evilness and that we have the power to use destructive forces into CONSTRUCTIVE ones.



I can only thank, from my heart and without the slightest irony, all the evil comments someone called lady Blume (who really made me "bloom") and respective friends have been busy with. Busy with me, my own little self! How important must I be, dear Lord!:)


That s another compliment as well.


Thanks to you all and your out of order hate, this PROJECT was born and I will make sure it will go through, CREATING instead of DESTROYING.


Opening Women s sharing, instead of KEEPING LOBBIES/GROUPS closed in their own mediocrity.



This weekly meeting will be opened to all the WOMEN who wish to bring their hearts in their hands and LEARN from each other.


Thank you all for the incredible INSPIRATION.


Wait for details and way to join us. All details will be posted soon!:)

No comments: