Monday, May 21, 2012

Ego massage (rare and tasty!)

As an extremely serious self-critical Artist, I always see what I didn´t do - yet! - and never take the time or effort to gather my bearings and congratulate myself for what I´ve already done of QUALITY. It´s in me, this mechanic logic that says "Being great is just your duty, it is no special deal, honey!".

I strive for better, ALWAYS. So compliments tend to always suprise me and leave me blushing like a child to whom someone points a beautiful curl in her hair. Most of the compliments I receive are directly delivered to me or sent through private- endearing - messages I never expose because they are PRIVATE. I am opening an exception here as this kind argentinian dancer directly exposed her comment on my Facebook so it has been public since the beginning.

It is a simple, yet touching comment about my work and here is my own - well deserved - ego massage:

From Fadhila Al Masriya.

"Con Joana Saahirah, me emocionaste hasta las lágrimas bailando Inta Omri, tomar tus clases fue realmente una experiencia maravillosa! Tu carisma, la libertad con que te expresás, tu sensualidad, esa conexión mágica que tenés con la música....realmente fue un inmenso placer y un honor haber podido disfrutarte así!"
(original message in spanish)
 
Translation:
 
"With Joana Saahirah, you touched me to the point of tears while watching you dance "Enta Omri", to take your classes was reallly a marvellous experience! Your charisma, the freedom with which you express yourself, your sensuality, that magical connection you have with the music...it really was a immense pleasure and honour to be able to enjoy you like that!"
 
Outch (great outch, though...;).
How can you thank comments like this? You just can´t. All that is to it is to keep on working harder and higher in order to always deserve gentle, tender and passionate messages like this one.
 
Love back at you, Fadhlia Al Masriya /Besos, nenita!

No comments: