Thursday, May 31, 2012

Shakefest: the proper Gratitude.




Oriental Dance has become a commercial adventure for most dance schools in the world.
Festival organizers follow - more or less - a line that has beautiful purposes on the horizon though: it is not just about the business and the prestige but so much of it is trying to bring Oriental Dance to the ARTISTIC realm it truly deserves.

Most of these organizers REALLY search for QUALITY and a deeper understanding/feeling of Egyptian oriental dance and folklore. I am delighted they do so as this is my profession, my Life and my main mission in Life: to dignify and bring back the Soul* of egyptian dance to the world through my work.

Shakefest organization (with Terri Dale, Fionna Killeen, Dudley and Bonnie and all the volunteers who made the event possible) was a GREAT example of how some special people work from their hearts.
The whole event was dynamic, human oriented, ALIVE, soulful* and surrounded by Love.
It was also aimed to recover further parts of the gothic castle of Charleville, Tullamore. A team of sweet, interesting, motivated people gathering to help reconstruct a MAGICAL place, offering their time and efforts to it. And that, my dears, is a clear sign of HUMANITY.

"My cup runneth over..."Indeed.

My gratitude and congratulations to the Shakefest amazing organization.
Well done, all of you!

*Ah, a special thank you for the magical Charleville castle which I already miss as if it was my own home.

Me, photographed by Fionna Killeen


No comments: