Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Travel notes from Argentina.
It is not easy to write or speak about Argentina. Some things were not meant to be explained or broken into the limited pieces of rational logic. I fell in love with Buenos Aires for the first time I set my feet on its soil. Maybe the common latin blood (most argentinians are descendants from colonizers and/or emmigrants, spanish or italian), maybe the common PASSION running through our veins. I really don´t know WHY but Buenos Aires feels like home. It helps a LOT when people treat you with such LOVE and APPRECIATION as argentinians have trated me two years ago as well as two days ago. This edition of "Belly Dance Weekend" organized by "INFOARABE" magazine directed by Martin and Pablo Salvatierra was a confirmation of the AMAZING connection I have with this land and its explosive people. No wonder Tango was born there! Diplomacy and true feeling demand some GRATITUDE list of my own over here. I am deeply thankful for the credit, faith and respect the organizers of the event put in me and my work ("gracias a Martin y a Pablo")as well as the LOVING PRESENCE of students, dancers, teachers and general public at the main Gala show and the workshops I taught. I also have to thank my friend David and his beautiful girlfriend for their generosity, time and extra informations about their country and, of course, Tango (one of my many discreet passions). You have also made my journey much more interesting than I had planned. Thanks to Mario Kirlis and his orchestra for their professionalism and warm creativity while we shared the stage. Thanks to all the dancers who were part of this event for their pure smiles and companionship, as well as members of the organization who assisted me during my stay. At last but, for sure, not the least, I thank GOD for assuring the SUCCESS I always***enjoy every where I go. Part of it all is my owm merit but a HUGE part is MAGIC and that magic* is borrowed from God´s hands. Thank you,God, for never letting me down, no wonder how many mountains and rivers you make me cross. Always by my side, making sure I shine, no matter what. THANK YOU. ALL...................:))))))))))))

No comments: