Sunday, May 6, 2012

Shimmying my way to Buenos Aires...

I´m on the road again seems too familiar to open this post so I´ll stick with "shimmying my way to Buenos Aires". As usual, I am taking with me a LOT of excitement for the workshops I will teach and the performances I will offer on the hot,HOT stage of a big Buenos Aires theatre. I also take fears, that cold and terrifying sensation on the stomach, the insecurity that always follows me, despite appearances. The reason for this insecurity is my own umpredictable, improvizational way of working. Although I choreograph and prepare material to teach, I follow my instinct and end up doing things according with the people I find. There are no fixed agreements in Art. Sure I cherish the structure, but then I FLY and that is always* scary. On stage, the matter is even worse - and more EXCITING even - because there is no specific dance to prepare. I perform on the music I feel inspired to follow at the moment and lots of the performance will depend on many factors exterior to me: the audience´s energy and response, the presence of an orchestra or the sad deal of dancing on recorded music. I keep it REAL, all the way. Never pretend to feel what I don´t feel or move when I don´t want to move. It is WILD, HONEST, RAW. Like me. And it scares the hell out of me but yet I take the leap of faith and trust that God´s inspiration is gonna follow me on the job, stepby step of this marvellous path. Argentina, here I come!

No comments: