Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Cairo, the 10th November, 2009

"Some days are to be forgotten (or just taken as they are!)"

I know life is made of constant ups and downs. I am prepared for the high points, for the top of the mountain points and also for the down falls. It's all part of Nature's way and God's will to keep us humble. I get it!

But this was a hell of a day and what frustrates me more is that I don't think I gave my best at my job. Too many things going wrong in a couple of hours and not so many contributions from the ones who work with me. At least in Egypt, I am the one and only who really cares about what's being done. Musicians go after the carriage, if the carriage is moving fast and strong. Managers and bosses go after the carriage, if audiences are pleased with it (no matter the reason why audiences my be pleased).
Everybody seems to be an employee and I feel alone in my struggle to do something DIFFERENT and GOOD. It's a lonely ride, this one I chose for myself!

Mistake after mistake in songs performed by the orchestra (even after I made a rehearsal 5 minutes before going into the stage)!

My assistant fell "big time" on the street and was as operative and useful as a new born puppy.
There was a terrible travel agent guy to passed through the stage several times with no respect for me or my orchestra. Two of the waiters - staff of the place who should be educated in these concerns- also crossed the stage several times as if I was not even there. Punching them turned out to be a very tempting possibility!
My musicians advised the travel agent not to repeat the wrong doing and the answer was an insult.
The manager in charge of the show was nowhere to be found in order to solve the problem. I was kindly informed that he was unavailable...praying (during his working time!).

Ahhhh....in times like this, I really hate myself for putting my already overboarded brain through all this nonsense...Egypt can fascinate you, yes it can. It can also make you crazy.

No comments: