Sunday, November 1, 2009

Cairo, the 1st November, 2009

"One more video...and I was not having fun (just for the record!)"

O.k, this is awful to admit but I only have fun at work 99% of the time. Not always!
It is also not nice to admit but, what a heck, I have done it here before, my favourite crowd is not touristic and I DO much better if my audience is egyptian. Sorry for all the foreigners in the world (I m still one of them, remember?!)... I guess it is my fault, my weakness, my whatever...yet I have to be honest:
Difficult , very difficult to dance for foreigners who are not so close to the arabic music and dance.

Here is one video of one of these occasions. A 12 o'clock show (and I mean a MORNING 12 o'clock show!!!), a group of tourists equipped with 1000 cameras and the attention span of a poodle and my orchestra reduced by four elements who just didn't come to work. I guess their beds had been way too irresistible for them to get up and join us!

I was cranky, mad at the four musicians who didn't show up or even informed me of their absence and not in the mood, at all, to dance. It happens, you know...

Check the video following the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evoENGtp77k

No comments: