Thursday, November 26, 2009

Cairo, the 25th November, 2009

“Visit to the vet in Maadi”


In a country where there are the cheapest restaurants for the poor and the richest restaurants for the rich, you can also find terrible hospitals like the one I had to visit (“Touch wood!”) for poor people and rich vet clinics for the pets of the rich (or so-so).




Today I took one of my babies to the vet and was impressed with the clinic.
When there is money involved, conditions considerably improve in Egypt, even for animals which are considered a ridiculous luxury when most people are starving.

This was a clinic for posh vets, I tell you!

Not only the place was spotless and well equipped but there were gorgeous paintings of animals from Indonesia and a hotel for pets who left me open mouthed.
Every corner I checked, there was a beautiful animal. For me, as a proclaimed CRAZY ANIMAL LOVER, this was like being a sultan in the middle of a harem full of hot women!

The doctor laughed really hard due to my spontaneous reactions.


I make the most outrageous sounds when I see a beautiful animal, I speak with them (yes, yes…I am crazy, I ‘ve said it a million times before…), kiss them and purr along with all the cats. Watching me in a room full of cats and dogs (lots of kittens, rrrrrrrrrr…….rrrrrrr…..rrrr….rrr….r) is a show in itself.


The baby cat you see in the photo fell asleep on my chest while purring his heart out...Ahhhhhhh! This is as sweet as it gets.


I left the clinic singing the famous rap song “I’ll take you the candy shop…”
DELICIOUS!

No comments: