Thursday, November 5, 2009

Cairo, the 5th November, 2009

"Videos...moving forward and grounded "

I will not talk about recent success in order not to call for more of that famous "evil eye" but I can fairly say that I have the drive and the grounded feet in order to grow and never get caught in the illusion of circumstances.
I know success is more a matter of circumstances that come together than talent. There are very talented people with no success and others who get famous for all the wrong reasons and receive the applauses of people for odd, VERY odd reasons. Everything is relative, actually...

Yes, TALENT and WORTH are very important but they do not assure success and this one is fluid and mutable like the winds. Allowing your ego to get caught into the traps of applauses is a dumb mistake and if there's one thing I am not, that thing might be DUMB.

While my musicians celebrate our applauses and laugh with no worries in the world, I sit by myself in the backstage room right after the show, close the door separating me from the "outer" world and simply take the time to figure out how can we do BETTER tomorrow.
I breath, I drink my water and sit in silence reviewing the whole "thing" and searching for more interesting solutions for the songs, the themes, the feelings, the whole experience.

I am happy but I don't jump and brag. My celebration is subtle and my priority is always the NEXT step, what to do next and how can we do EVEN better.
What comes next?! That's my priority, all the time. Even if, inside, I am jumping in celebration of the success which came from God, never directly and just from me. It's good, really good to be aware of how it all works out.
It keeps me grounded and hardworking.

I thank God, always.

To watch some more of my "spontaneous" kind of videos, follow the links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91zq80j7Oc8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJLx9Pvk_dQ

No comments: