Thursday, November 12, 2009


Cairo, the 12th November, 2009


"One day off to breath..."


I cannot believe I had this day off.

I love my work but I admit I need some time off to recover strenght and re-focus on myself. Time to die a little and be reborn for fresher days.
I absolutely need it!


Not a bit of music in my ears (Silence, Silence, Silence), no work on stage, no responsability or any kind of pressure and, surprisingly, the relief of not having to move away from home.

Traffic jam and taxi drivers in Cairo are HELL. If you add to the mixture the constant sexual harassment in the streets and the disastrous non-stop noise, you have a traumatic experience that I repeat daily (yes, there's still a part of me that HAS to be a bit masochist to still live here and love this mad city!).


I am a simple kind of girl and my recovery rituals are equally simple.

Gym, massage and facial, taking "cappuccino" by the Nile while watching this incredible sunsets we still have in Egypt, cooking at home, reading, watching a great movie, breathing in and refusing to think "much" about work (that one is quite challenging for me).
Ahhh...this has been a fine, fine day.

No comments: