Friday, November 20, 2009











Cairo, the 20th November, 2009

"I'm in a New York state of mind..."

I got up today and felt Mr. Cold Weather had arrived.

For me, there's no Autumn or Winter, there's cold weather (which I hate with all my guts) and sunny weather (ME!). For me, this is IT! We're not even in Autumn, we're in Winter and, as usual, all my cloths are proper for Summer time, all my shoes are open and the kind of flip-flop stuff you only wear in the Caribbean.

I proclaimed to myself: "I'm in a New York state of mind.." that somber, shadow mood when all I want is to grab my closest people and celebrate Christmas in New York! This city and the dream of spending a white Christmas there is the only thing that saves me from throwing mysef on the Nile when it starts to freeze out there.

THE SHOWS OF THE NIGHT:

Surprisingly AMAZING.

As I already said, I was not in the mood to do anything except to hide myself under a blanket and only come out when Spring is in full blossom. But tonight...





The house was FULL of wonderful audiences eager to see me perform and, in a New York minute, my mood shifted and I felt I was in the peak of the summer on a lost tropical beach.





That's the thing about weather. It's (almost) all in your mind. The way you choose to see and feel whatever is around you. It's uncomfortable to admit it but...our mood depends mostly on us and not on the weather (although is great to be able to put all the blame on it)!

I danced, sang (terrible microfone, though...), acted a bit and had so much fun that nothing or no one could even make me miss New York or dream about a future Christmas time there (though this is in VIP MUST DO list of priorities).





Finally understood the way to dominate my breathing in a way that allows me to dance and sing at the same time without sounding like I just finished a marathon! Learning, learning...Always.

No comments: