Friday, July 16, 2010



Cairo, the 16th July, 2010

Socializing...

I've received a few great comments about my performance at the Closing Gala of
AHLAN WA SAHLAN FESTIVAL but all of them came from other major artists who contacted me after the event.Besides being kind enough to congratulate me (for a show I am not really proud of because I know I didn't do my best neither did my orchestra), all of them asked me the same:

-Why did you leave right after the show and didn't remain in the event to socialize and meet new people?!

Well...this is a very wise question and I know I fail in this point of my career.
Part of an artist's work is selling his image, socializing and making contacts for future work but I always failed in this aspect and I have no real intention of changing.
I work all the time, non stop (thanks GOD!), and the few time I have left I prefer to apply it doing things and being with people who fill me with love, joy and peace.
Not for business, just for love.

I am shy by nature and I love to retreat to my own intimacy after every exposure in my work. I already give away too much on stage, I am vulnerable and share my deepest experiences with my audiences so...when I finish my work, I want to enjoy some silence, some different ambience, some loving friends away from my work and the company of my man.

When I finish my show, I should remain in the place and socialize. I know that.
I just can't, though...

After I finished my show at the great AHLAN WA SAHLAN FESTIVAL I had the man I love grabbing my hand with all his heart and all I could dream of was escaping and LIVING, LIVING, LIVING...

That's the reason why I didn't stay around to socialize and that's why I usually leave the room early after any show. There is more to life than selling my image and making business and your lover's hand is something you cannot resist. EVER.

That's why.

Thank you to everyone who has been speaking my name in such a kind, appreciating way.
For your sake, I will do better and better.Always.

No comments: