Monday, July 19, 2010


Cairo, the 17th July, 2010

At the grocery store...

Today I was recognized at the grocery store in Zamalek where I buy my fridge essencials: milk, cheese, baladi bread, mangoes and so on...
To my surprise, the boss of the place recognized me, even without make-up or any kind of production (actually, I looked as if I could actually be one of the workers in the grocery...yeah...I confess and I have no fear of telling it as it IS!).

He recognized me immediately, told me he took his family to see me at the NILE MAXIM several times and commmented what a great artist I am with a tenderness and a respect that contrasted with his dirty nails and brute manners. Here it is why prejudices and judging books by their covers are clear signs of ignorance!

All the workers ran in my direction holding all my bags and whispering nice things between each other.
I am not one to fall so easily for flattery but this episode made me shy, HAPPY shy and some kind of proud to see my work reaches more people than I realize.

No comments: