Saturday, July 17, 2010


Cairo, the 17th July, 2010

Frustration and Delight!

Tonight I felt frustrated with the result of my performances and, at the same time, delighted and blessed with some mean, amazing music I shared with my orchestra on our backstage room.

There are days like these...God gives with one hand and takes with the other.

I could not connect with my audiences the way I enjoy doing. Mostly foreigners and arabs (Arabs have invaded Cairo just before Ramadan for a short Summer season)and a mood that doesn't serve my dance, my music, my intention.
I assume the failure is mine. As a professional, you should be able to reach any, I mean ANY audience and, for many reasons, tonight I couldn't get the deep connection I am used to.

Moving on this one.What can I do NOW???
Only better, better, better on the next shows...


Now the DELIGHT was unforgetable. Improvised music of the best egyptian caste...feeling, love and pure sharing...ahhh..I live for these moments!

It was a good night.
Not perfect but just GOOD.

No comments: