Monday, July 5, 2010


Cairo, the 5th July, 2010

I should have kept my mouth shut!!!

I speak too much. I say too much. I open myself too much. I am way too transparent for this crazy world full of hungry wolves.
I complain too much and brag too much about stuff that make me happy and I should have kept my mouth shut.

Why is it so hard to learn this lesson?!
Just keep your mouth shut, you girl!
:(


When I glorified the wonders of sexual segregation at my Cairo gym (remember the signal forbidding men to enter the gym? There you go...)I never dreamt that today, early in the morning, I would have to train between men checking everything I did, second by second, inch by inch...
Ohhh....

Apparently, the women's gym section where I train was being checked by male staff and I had to be removed (along with a few mohagabas who trained in full abbaya and head scarf)to the male's section so here's what I got (for speaking too much!):

1. Every movement I made was verified and appreciated by, at least, 10 men.

2. Every time I whispered or cleaned my sweat (after running 30 minutes in the treadmill, I apparently look sexy to them...all that sweat and hair all over my face must be a delicacy although I cannot see how!).

3. Practically every male in the gym was able to do his own training session while checking my legs, breasts, arms and even manicured finger nails (egyptian style multi-tasking at its best).

4. I discovered that I don't really mind anymore if these guys are checking me out or not. Somehow, I am learning to be cold and indifferent to the male's gaze.

No comments: