Thursday, July 1, 2010

Cairo, the 1st July, 2010

Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh..........................


And then it arrived and passed the so expected CLOSING GALA for the great
AHLAN WA SAHLAN FESTIVAL!!!
I guess the pressure was huge - and that applies to me and my musicians - and the environment a little (well, a LOT!) cold. Not the egyptian crowd I am used to dance for at all. AT ALL.

It's also true - and I've said it many times before - I have a thing for egyptian audiences, which means I don't enjoy myself as much with foreigners in the audience.

I could point out many things that made me not enjoy my show as much as I could but, in the end, it matters what I took from the experience and learnt from it.

Reactions: Amazing.
I think the audience loved the show (despite staring at me like I am an allien instead of feeling along with me through the songs) and that's the most important thing.

Happiest darned thing:

Having my own musicians and others who have worked with me before coming to salute me and congratulate me for a great job (a GREAT JOB is a term I would not use regarding myself on this night but still other people do).

The happiest from all the happiest thing:
A special hand/hug/love waiting for me as I finished my show. This was priceless.

Did I mention I am a LOVER GIRL???? I am a sucker for love, really...what can I do? Can't cure myself from this heart condition...



Overall impression:


Last night is still too fresh in my mind. I need to sit and reflect on many things, specially the stuff that should be worked on. That's how my criticism works.
I wish I could totally believe other people when they tell me YOU WERE FANTASTIC but that wouldn't be me, would it?!

No comments: