Wednesday, July 28, 2010


Cairo, the 28th July, 2010

Osho at its best - Zorba The Buddha (great concept!)

Osho, the great philosopher, teacher, rebel,as usual, being a genius...

In THE BOOK OF UNDERSTANDING, Osho talks about a new concept of HUMAN BEING: Zorba The Buddha!
Why I got so hang up on this?! Because I act upon this concept and I see myself inside it.
Life is not only material. It's also spiritual. It's also emotional. And intellectual and so many other things. When we repress one of these many sides, we cut away an essencial piece of life and ourselves.

I live in my body, my senses and all the pleasures they can offer me.
I also live in my soul, always reconnecting myself with my own consciousness and sense of God.
For me, those are not opposite sides of me. They all two sides of the same coin.

Here's what Osho says:

My concept of a new human being is one that will be Zorba the greek and will also be Gautam the Buddha: the new human being will be ZORBA THE BUDDHA - sensuous and spiritual. Physical, utterly physical - in the body, in the senses, enjoying the body and all that the body makes possible - and still a great consciousness, a great witnessing will be there. Zorba The Buddha - it has never happended before. (...)

That's my idea of Zorba the Buddha: heaven and earth united.

How can I NOT LOVE Osho?!
It's so true you can find spiritual light in common gestures as a kiss.
It's also so true you can find Paradise or Hell inside of your own mind and meet Divinity while making love.
It's true that we are flesh and bones and who would be stupid enough to deny it (well...I can mention quite a few of those...hello christian Inquisition and all the religious inquisitions all religions/political interest systems could create to dominate people!) ?!

We are also emotion and soul and who would be so blind to deny it (then again...I could mention the same so called religious people and many intellectuals who believe all is worth in the Human Being is the MIND...)...

Life has so many colours and dimensios and so do we.
I am Zorba, for sure...and anybody who will see me dancing in the middle of egyptian peasants or travelling to Mexico just for fun would recognize that.
I try, just try to be a little Buddha. Feeling the blood in my veins is just another way to feel my own soul.

Zorba The Buddha! Here's the new human being!

No comments: