Friday, July 30, 2010

Cairo, the 30th July, 2010

Some new musicians and loosing (or gaining?!) my head over some certain books!

Tonight I will be dealing, for the 100000th time, with some new musicians and the rehearsals, adaptations and surprises that come with these changes.
By now, I am used to it. Every once in a while, my ears have to get used to different musicians and moods and that's part of the growing process. As I always say: Give me GREAT music and I ll do GREAT DANCE, no matter who gives this music to me. I just need it to be GREAT (not asking for much, am I ?!).

So, early rehearsal and night of shows that I hope will be amazing and surprising, as usual...

Meanwhile, I am loosing (or gaining my head) over two books that are delighting me in different ways:

1. ZORRO, by Isabel Allende (no one writes like latin american authors...such warm, humid, sensuous way of feeling and putting words together...).
The character itself has always fascinated me. El Zorro...the fox...the hero! I've also said it millions of times, I have a thing for brave men...I just can't resist them!:)

2. Confucius from the heart - Ancient Wisdom for today's world, by YU DAN
Chinese wisdom at its best. Simple and truthful words that say EVERYTHING.

No comments: