Monday, July 19, 2010






Cairo, the 17th July, 2010

More images from AHLAN WA SAHLAN FESTIVAL...

The question is I love to challenge myself and others into seeing a new perspective of ORIENTAL DANCE. Rules were made to be broken, after you dominate the basics and learn how to trust your talent and inspiration.

I break rules all the time both in my work as in my life. I challenge and I tease, I provoke and do stuff on stage no one is expecting. I dance the music MY WAY and nothing less or more than MY WAY, as I FEEL IT with no intention to copy any other great dancer or master I've learnt with.

I see another dancers coming to my shows unannounced and taking steps, ideas, songs and such from my program. I do something from my heart and then I see it as a copy in somebody else's show. That used to bother me but not anymore. I think it's a compliment and I pity the ones who cannot create somthing new for themselves but anger is not in the equation anymore. You know what! You can steal ideas, cloth designs, songs and musicians but there's the secret ingredient that keep audiences coming back for more and you cannot take away from me: my FEELING, my SOUL, my FIRE ENERGY, my LOVE...no one can take that away from me so...


At AHLAN WA SAHLAN I may have not done the show I could do - so many factors help or don't help - but I did something I am proud of: I challenged people's idea about Oriental Dance and about myself and I lliiiikkkkkkkeeeee it!
SO MUCH!!!!!!!!

No comments: