Tuesday, October 26, 2010


Cairo, the 26th October, 2010


What about the infamous belly dancers??? (Don't even mention it, pleaseeeeeeee...)


Still on the bitch subject...I dare to ask once again: What about the infamous BELLY DANCERS, still seen in Egypt and all Middle East as common prostitutes and cold women ready to seduce and manipulate rich guys with their body and dance for their own profit?


As a performing dancer in Egypt with a respected name in the world market, I tend to listen less and less of these sad comments about belly dancers (most people don't dare to mention it in front of me) but I know they exist by my own past experiences.


Oriental Dancers - belly dancers, what they are commonly reduced to - represent the maximum stereotype of the (in)famous bitch because she's prosumed to allure a poor man (victim) into her seductive traps in order to take advantage of him in many ways.
The connection between Oriental Dancing and prostitution is still a reality in the Middle East and, no matter how many times you proove your honesty and ethics, there's always a shadow over your head saying : WATCH OUT! I AM A TEMPTRESS, A SEDUCTIVE AND COLD SNAKE...................
Yes, I do know that many Oriental Dancers (or people who simply denominate themselves like that) are prostitutes, as it happens with many singers and actresses and secretaries and...and...and...
But a LOT of them are not. They may be strong, assertive, brave women who assume their power, sensuality and sexuality openly but they're not what common, ignorant thought wants them to be.
It's always easier to put a controlling prison over strong women's head and what better prison than prejudice, offense, descrimination?
As far as I am concerned, people may think whatever they wish.
I am dancing, living and LOVING as if there was no tomorrow and I intend to do so as long as I wish.
And that's why I say and breath by the motto:
GOOD GIRLS GO TO HEAVEN. BAD GIRLS GO EVERYWHERE.
Yes, mam!

No comments: