Monday, October 18, 2010













Portugal (heading to my beloved Egypt), the 18th October, 2010










Having a great LIFE...




I once heard the writer Toni Morrison (Nobel Prize of Literature) mentioning in an interview that readers often commented her description of life was exaggerated and unrealistic.


As an answer to that comment, she said:






- But what they don´t realize is that I don´t make life bigger than it is.



LIFE is actually REALLY BIG.

LIFE IS BIG!

Much bigger than most eyes can see (blinded by their fears, all kinds of limitations and pressures, insecurities and what society-family-neighbours say they should be/do in order to be accepted).
When I look back at my short but intense life, I am so glad to confirm that I´ve been living by that principle:
LIFE is BIG and I act in order to enjoy as much as I can.

Biting every everything sweet and travelling all over the places, inside and outside from myself.
When I look back and what I´ve achieved so far, I thank God for allowing me to always be strong enough to be myself and do whatever I like and feel like doing, not caring about other people´s opinion of what I should do or who I shoulb be. By letting others decide the dimension of your life, you die before time and remain surviving in a prison made of frustration iron bars, whispering at the skies: "I wish I had dared to..."
So I thank God for being like the water and the fire: flowing through the rivers and seas I choose, burning in the fires that make me feel ALIVE, fires of my own choice.
I am MYSELF and proud of it. Big as LIFE itself........................................................................

No comments: