Sunday, October 10, 2010



Portugal, the 10th October, 2010


Family royal day!

It has become one of my rare life´s traditions: receiving most of my family in a common BIG lunch or dinner at our family house.

The movie starts with me in the kitchen, cooking a banquet with my mum (maybe my favourite part of it all) and then the arrival of family members, hugs and kisses and so on...

When you have these things on a daily basis, you don´t really value them but that´s not my case so I really get a kick out of these moments.
Being a citizen of the world, an eternal gipsy (as my mum always called me), I have to create some original routines that substitute the "regular" routines that everybody else seems to have, except me.

From my very few original routinary gestures, this one represents my highest pleasure. I guess it´s another way to keep me grounded and firm in my path.

Being with my direct aunts,uncles and cousins (besides mum, dad and sister) sharing a common table, LOTS of food, laughter and fun is just the high point of any of my treaps to Portugal.
Oh, yeah...

I am so independent and I was able to leave behind all that I loved and head to Egypt (I did, indeed) to chase my dreams and a kind of learning I am always longing for but don´t fool yourself: I am like honey pie inside and I need my people´s love as much as I need my air.



So today, if God will, there will be laughter at the table, lots of laughter shared by my grounding relationships and I am so happy for that.


There will be great wine (which I never drink), food, jokes and news exchange between these human beings who are so different from me but yet are connected to me by blood and heart, sustaining me (even by far away) through my incredible LIFE journey.

I give Thanks to all this miracle.

No comments: