Friday, October 29, 2010


Cairo, the 29th October, 2010


My worst nightmare. What's yours?!


Yes, I have lost my skirt on stage .

Yes, I have dropped (dead) my dearest bra on stage.

Yes, I have stumbled on my royal ass on the ground, while on stage and landed on all sorts of acrobatic positions.I have even invented new choreographies on the ground due to these small performing tragedies.


Yet, from all those dancer's worst nightmares, none comes close to the one I lived today (and not on stage).

Leaving from the gym and thinking about the new songs I am preparing (like the usual lunatic I am), I left my trousers drop on the ground in the middle of the street in one of Cairo's most populated zones. How this happened, exactly, I don't know!


I was wearing a full body lycra suit (lucky me!) under my street cloths and I just didn't feel when my trousers dropped to the ground (duh!), leaving everyone around me so, but sooooo happy that I thought - for a moment - there was a money pouring from the sky.

Thanks God for egyptian's sense of humour and obsession for women's bodies (it was rather convenient at this precise circumstance). No one was shocked but everyone seemed to be pleased, delighted, amused in a way that was surprising for me.


If God still wanted to test my almost vanished sense of vanity, there He went with the final curtain call. More embarassing than this, then what?! Only going completely naked in the street... (better not to give Him ideas...forget about it, dear Lord!)


The interesting fact about the embarassing episode was my relative lack of discomfort.

Well, I was not pleased either but, curiously enough, I didn't freak out.

Does this say something worrying about me? Hhmmmmmmmmmm.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh,, what a nightmare
is this happened really ?!
Ya Allah
for me ,,, i don't recall something embarrassing,, except i was about to be caught in a girlfriend bedroom (long time ago) , imagine that , in Egyptian society,, i would get simply dead !!! thanks god i hide well and run away in time.
anyway , a nightmare that didn't happened ...
dreaming of finding myself walking naked in the street, feeling like being grinding between rocks from embarrassing, but the shocking that in the dream other people does not care about me and my naked body , the embarrassing turn to be confusion ... and then wakeup..!!!

i searched in some psychology books about the regular meaning about that dream ( it was repeated several times) they said usually because the one hide something and afraid people know it.... don't know

wael.

Joana Saahirah of Cairo said...

Yes, it really happened ...LOL
What can I do???