Sunday, October 31, 2010




Cairo, the 31st October, 2010



Om Kolthoum dilemas and other internal business!







Digging inside Om Kolthoum endless treasure box takes a lot of passion and the musicians to go with it.





Right now, I am so happy to be learning new - unexpected- songs from my all time favourite DIVA but feel the frustration of not having the musicians to interpret this material as it should be interpreted. Frustrating...





You cannot ask talent from someone who doesn't have it. Simple as that.




What should I do? Replace more musicians? Be more patient and take more time to prepare each song? Be a teacher to these egyptian musicians who should be teaching me?


Well...sometimes, I feel clueless. I just want to grow, develop my dancing skills, my ears, my passion...and wished I have the musicians to follow me on the way up but reality is not always as we wish it was.


Stuck inside amazing Om Kolthoum songs...well, there are worse places to be stuck with (my poor consolation!).








P.S. Positive thought! Tonight, one of the new songs will come out on stage AMAZINGLY BRIGHT.






I want to believe. I do..............................








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

why not using playback and give those musicians day or two vacation ?!!!