Friday, August 13, 2010







Cairo, the 11th August, 2010

Lord!!!
Oh Lord!!!
Tonight I danced really good and that may be considered a miracle because I rarely admit I dance well or did well enough...I tend to be such a perfectionist that I search for my mistakes and little fails, never for the stuff I actually do great.
And TONIGHT, I did...
The new singer was....horrible. Point.
My favourite tabal /percussionist was not there yet (but he will!Missing this man too much!!!) and the mistakes in the music were uncountable but yet, for some reason I cannot define, I danced with all my soul and even discovered some new movements no one would find in the dance dictionary.
I also managed to look in the eyes of my audience more often and not feeling shy about it (does anyone believe I am shy?! Well, I am.........), as a friend and fellow dancer rightly suggested...
No tension, no effort or desire to please...just pure dance. That was terrific.
Thanking God for the GIFT.
At the end of the show, many, many photos and even autographs with audience members, specially a crowd of loud italian people who kept saying I look like a princess :)
After work, sushi and cinema ...to evade myself a little from the outside world.
The whole city eating king size portions of delicacies after fasting the whole day...
Ramadan time...when will I understand it?

No comments: