Sunday, August 1, 2010



Cairo, the 1st of August, 2010


Gratitude


I once read , I forgot where, the following phrase:


If there could only be one prayer, that prayer would be Thanks and that would be enough.


I agree and that's why I never forgot the phrase. It seems you never forget the things that ring as TRUTH within your soul.


That's why today I spent by the church near from my home and didn't get inside it. No need.


Also no need for mosques. Or any kinds of instutional temples.


A single tree with a sky above was enough to make me whisper to myself: Thanks, my God.


A single word came to my mind and reached my heart in all its full vigour, again:


THANKS, my GOD.


Here's the THING:


I am grateful for...


1. My health and the health and safety of my family, friends and everybody I love.


A healthy body, mind and soul is the secret to remain a warrior in this life, no matter how many problems/obstacles/challenges we may face.


I am so grateful I can breath, walk, run, jump, dance, make love with my man and move without pain. Moving as I wish, free as a bird. That's such a blessing...


2. Love in my life. I am so grateful for THIS because life has no taste without it and I have no vision of a future without it.


LOVE in my life is a blessing from God that for that I am so deeply grateful (and I LOVE YOU, BABY!).

3. My carreer, success, challenges, all the opportunities I've earned to practice my talents and share the JOY of DANCING with the world.


4. My home in Egypt, my family home in Portugal. So many people without a home and I have two beautiful ones PLUS my eternal home that is where my LOVE is (again I am talking to you, baby!).


5. All the obstacles and difficulties bring me closer to the LIGHT because they are opportunities to learn, grow and be a happier version of myself!

6. All the beauty in the world. Wherever I go, I see beautiful things, gestures, moments.

And that's wonderful. A simple flower, a sunset, the sky and the sea, someone holding hands with a friend, a child playing as if there were no darkness in the Universe...so much beauty...


7. My talents , all of them given by God! As an artist, you're just an instrument in the hands of God and your duty is to share joy, beauty and LIGHT with your audiences. Talent is a gift but also a responsability and I try to make the best of mine.

8. I am grateful, besides everything else, for the gift of believing in LOVE once again. And, I guess, for good!

9. Being alive!


Breathing...breathing...BREATHING!!!!!!

No comments: