Monday, August 16, 2010

Cairo, the 16th August, 2010

Short memories of my homeland...PORTUGAL!

The relationship I have with Portugal is pretty much the same I do with Egypt: I feel it very strongly in both its nice and not so bright sides.

In me there is the immense portuguese sea and all the nostalgia it brings with it. There's also a deep way to feel things in life and a need to open horizons all the time. Adventure is in my blood as it is the salt of our Atlantic Ocean. Being portuguese goes through these things...

So here I am missing my country in a silent way (or not so silent!).

These days, I have a longing for our sea, more than ever. Maybe it's the Cairo heat, maybe it's the fact that I am always in contact with the Nile river but nothing can be compared to our ocean where waves crash against the sand with a strenght and a poetry I cannot fully describe.

I am missing our fish, our simple coffee-shops with our simple people.....my family and friends who makes the pillars of who I am, the hidden corners of Sintra and the PIRIQUITA, my city - Lisbon - and its special light...

These days I long for my first homeland....Portugal.And its music, and its air....

No comments: