Friday, August 20, 2010



Cairo, the 20th August, 2010


The sum of the days...so far.


It has been a wonderful start of Ramadan. There is a beautiful fanous (Ramadan lantern) on my living room and that light is colouring everything in my life, from the toes to the hair of it.


I'm performing now for two twenty days in a row, non stop, and there is still almost a month to go ahead. I feel cool about it (a big bit bored because it's time to grow another step yet but WELL!) and my head is going round and round, wondering what can be done next in order to get my excitement back.


It's all about the excitement for me, isn't it? If I am not feeling those flames running through me, it's just not worth it...


Audiences have been mostly foreigner oriented and that is not an easy thing for me to deal with and I've said it several times before.


I miss my egyptian audiences, always. They make 50% of my mood and my mood makes 90% of my performance. Anyways, I don't complain...life is great and I thank God for so many gifts inside and around me.


In this lazy, hot Cairo morning (damn, it's HOT!!!), all I think about it's the sum of the days that compose our lives and I take it one day at a time, like never before.


Yesterday there was an eating gathering between me, my love and my musicians in their backstage room. That was really NICE....then a fast show shortened by NILE MAXIM's next cruise booking for sohour (the meal after iftar that breaks the fasting time in Ramadan) and some more moments of pure happiness. What can I ask for more, right now?!


Well, everything. And I am asking.


Just figured out, somehow in the middle of growing and life's surprising events , that no matter how much we plan things, LIFE and GOD have their own route (with no map) for us and I can only wish and do my best to go towards the direction of my dreams, reaching for each moment as if it was the last.


That awareness of the JOY I can only feel NOW has changed my out/in put in life. I guess forever (although this is a very long word for me...:)...


Loving and living, second by second cause you can never know what's coming...


No comments: