Sunday, August 1, 2010

MOV06091

Me, dancing one of my many Om kolthoum song's reportoire. If I am known for dancing the difficult stuff nobody else dares to dance and if, in the end, my audiences enjoy them, I don't give a ... for anything else! That's how poetic I am!

This video is a piece of Awat'aeny by the one and only DIVA (OM KOLTHOUM).

One of the secrets about dancing Om Kolthoum (there are many!) resides on the fact that you cannot keep on moving like a machine when words so beautiful as these are being said by the singer. You have to live these words for real (acting not included, please!), feel what's being said with no hurry to do things and move just for the sake of entertainment.

Knowing where, how and why to stop movement is much more difficult than movement itself.

Not easy...still fascinating...

The balance between movement (meaningful movement), pause/silence and true feeling make a great Om Kolthoum dance performance. I am still working on it...work in progress,

I guess forever in progress...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are a terrific woman. I love Oum because dance to me is about feeling the music.

Aline