Sunday, August 29, 2010

Cairo, the 29th August, 2010

Religion VERSUS SPIRITUALITY

Oh, the amazing illusion of religions...and the irresponsability that come with them.
Everything is just "if God wants" and all disasters happen because "God wanted it that way"...christians, hindus, muslims...all traped in the same self-lying/pity story. So much easier to put matters into God´s hands, isn´t it?

I do believe there is an ORDER to the Universe and an ENERGY that inter-acts with us and what we put out there in the form of thoughts, words and actions but I take total responsability over my life. Reality has taught me not to be childish to the point of crossing my arms and waiting for miracles to happen.
I have a brain, arms and legs to move towards what I want and only after I did all I could do, I surrender and deliver the mission to God or the Universe, or whatever you may call it (because it´s so much bigger than just a name).

Here´s something hilarious and amazingly intelligent I read on my last Osho book delight (ZEN, THE PATH OF PARADOX):

"A minister of the Gospel was conducting religious services in an asylum for the insane. His discourse was suddenly interrupted by one of the inmates crying out wildly, " I say, have we got to listen to this tommyrot?"
The minister, surprised and confused, turned to the keeper and said, "Shall I stop speaking?"
The keeper replied, "No, no, keep right on, that won´t happen again. That man has only one sane moment every seven years."

No comments: