Sunday, August 29, 2010

Cairo, the 29th August, 2010

Between plumbing and receiving applauses...

And this is LIFE. Sometimes, so common and down to earth and, many other times, divine and sublime.
I would be dancing ad eternum, if I could. Actually, I think I will.
But then comes daily reality and the bank, the supermarket, the family and friends, the cooking and washing, all the vulgar activities that makes us - somehow! - rotinary and grounded to the floor.

These last days, I have been receiving so many wonderful applauses and - surprise, surprise - a lot of shopping, plumbing and electricity work at home with my own bare hands.

Between the REGULAR and the DIVINE, let´s see how I am walking around:

1. Tango dancing: Refuge. Escape. Desperate need to put my mind into BEAUTY in all its possible forms. Meeting new people and interacting/dancing with a partner is also new for me, being so used to be a soloist dancer and the boss in charge of movement, alllllllllllllllll the time.
PASSION. PAIN transformed into BEAUTY.

2. Performing every night - already for a month, daily and non-stop - has also been a life-saving circumstance because the applauses and energy I am receiving every day, as well as my orchestra´s appreciation and enthusiasm, have been carrying my spirit up.

3. Plumbing in the bathroom and kitchen. Electricity work. All done by "moi memme", with my own bare hands. Calling men to do it for me would take more time, patience and wasted energy. I can do it myself! So here I was already made up for work (full hair-make-up and fancy cloths on), opening tubes and cleaning them...putting together electrical wires and such...

4. Teaching students from all over the world, while writing and reading as much as I can. All ways of keeping me sober and functional.

5. How lucky am I to do what I most LOVE and being able to use it as a life saver?!

The routine of sublime stage moments, great class sharing and common gestures from daily life will continue for the next 15 days, until the end of Ramadan. After RAMADAN, NEW LIFE waiting for me...ahhhhhhhhh, I can´t wait!

No comments: