Monday, January 10, 2011





Cairo, the 10th January, 2011






Doubts...






My question, specially while performing in Cairo, has always been HOW to dance TRUE Oriental but giving it a modern approach and an ever PERSONAL interpretation.

All forms of Art must develop. Specially dance. It's in the inherent nature of DANCE to MOVE ahead.


I am not a great fan of immobility and preconcepts of what others think Oriental Dance should be. I learnt from the best as well as from egyptian people during several studying treaps I did to this country and these last four years of daily work in Egypt.

I've seen the bases, the history, what's THIS and what's THAT now all that is left is to bring IT ALIVE, MODERN, PERSONAL, SURPRISING without ever losing the Oriental root.


Here what's going on right now (from the things I can reveal, of course...):


1. Building a new show for Cairo! Just wait and SEE... my paws are scratching the land and the sky really hard and ferousciously. Bastet is born (and so is her lion sister, Sekhmet).


2. Preparing to travel to Portugal soon and teach there. Very happy to see my students (old and new ones), my family and dear friends.


3. Enjoying some delicious invitations to perform and teach all over the world. All details will be posted at their right time.


4. Going deeper into the TANGO and starting to REALLY get addicted to it. I don't think drugs would have the same effect this dance is having on me...dangerously in love. I am.:)

No comments: