Monday, January 3, 2011


Cairo, the 3rd January,

2011

First book review of the YEAR

I've not commented on books for a long time. That doesn't mean I haven't been reading cause, as my followers must already know, I am a voracious, addicted, compulsive reader.

Books are, for me, what cigarretes, drugs and alcohol are for many.

There are always several books hanging from my pockets, handbag, even dance bag mixed up with all my dresses, make-up and stage props.

Books are my biggest evasion, secret pleasure and way to escape to different realities when the apparent surroundings of my environment are just too hard to handle.

Books are also a pleasure to open doors in my mind, heart and consciousness.

No better way to start 2011 than to mention "The FORTY RULES of LOVE" by Elif Shafak.

To make it short, this book speaks about the true nature of LOVE and the ability human beings may have to change their lives towards happiness, fullfilment and freedom to be and do what they wish for.

It also speaks about the relation between the Sufi poet Rumi and his eternal companion, Shamz of Tabriz.

Sufism and the dance - eternal DANCE - of the Universe at its core.

Heartbreaking. So lovely and mind blowing...it got me interested by its author (check, from the same author, "The Bastard of Istambul".)

TOTALLY recommended for the ones who wish to use their brains, hearts and souls.

No comments: