Saturday, January 1, 2011



Cairo, the 1st January, 2011




Heart beating again...




I didn't realize my heart was sleeping or, even worse, kind of frozen until you came and I heard it beat again as clear as an african drum.


I didn't realize a human heart could keep on beating and pumping blood throughout the body , keeping all its own functions working properly (just making sure one is breathing and moving) without REALLY being ALIVE.


I didn't realize a heart could die before the whole body dies and yet today I discovered it CAN.

It was only when you arrived that I realized, in a kind of childish innocent surprise, that my heart was ALIVE again, beating like a strong, powerful horse again...smiling again...working from the depth of my soul once more...saving me from the world of the walking dead...

And I danced "Enta Omri" for you and my heart danced with me, once again...only to show me that I had been dancing with a frozen heart...only to show me how it looks like to see my own heart melting from the ice land of sadness and returning to LIFE where all is full of LOVE and PASSION, where all is the REAL ME.

And I REALIZED how different it is to dance with a frozen heart or with a new born heart

(one which has just been awaked again by your warm presence) and how audiences reacted to it and my dance reached their ...you guessed: HEART!

I guess this is - already! - the first thing I have learnt and experienced in 2011.


What a start!

No comments: