Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Cairo, the 26th January, 2011

Egypt political struggles.

The last few days in Cairo were politically agitated with violent street demonstrations, alert news of new public gatherings and a violent answer from the national police.
This blog is not a political site and I am the least diplomatic person on earth (after my beloved mum who wins the FIRST PRIZE on extreme honesty and total lack of diplomatic skills) so I will keep this comment to a minimum and will not go into details.

Here we go:
It's only NATURAL and URGENT that egyptians revolt against the corrupt system they are living in. This is a country where the common people don't have any honest chance to make a GOOD LIFE QUALITY for themselves and everybody is really tired of poverty, no human rights or a CHANCE to even DREAM about a better life.

I LOVE EGYPT, despite all the horrific things/people I've seen around here but, as I started to KNOW this country's reality and the reasons why PEOPLE act the way they do, I experimented a new kind of compassion for corruption, lies, general laziness and absence of produtivity.
It all comes down to a simple base: If there's no compensation for HARD HONEST WORK, TALENT and SKILLS, then no one will think it's worth to BE GOOD and do their BEST.

If only pimps, professional thieves, rich people with loads of money, connections and power and dishonest individuals GET THE JOB, GET the VALUE, GET the APPRECIATION then the message this reality gives to everyone is simply: BE an ASSHOLE and you'll be compensated!

I am as tired as any egyptian. I work and live in this country for 4 years non-stop. I work with egyptians and for egyptians and I see their immense potential. If only there was a political system that compensates people's TALENTS and ABILITIES, instead of killing it...

More manifestations will be expected for today.
Hoping for a MIRACLE.

No comments: