Saturday, January 15, 2011


Cairo, the 15th

January, 2011

Portuguese television inside my

Cairo world!

I must have a thousand angels taking care of me at all times. It's my personal angelic staff. Maybe not visible to human beings but, being an alien myself, palpable to me.

Last shows ran smoothly and with a spice note to it, making me forget almost completely about the car accident, the several heart accidents, the general struggles I often describe (and others I do NOT describe).

A portuguese television team came down to the NILE MAXIM to film a bit of my daily routine, including rehearsal with my nuclear orchestra and show.

Having outsiders into my creative world is not something I accept to do very often. Only a selected type of people is admitted into my creative, intimate world and it was strange to have cameras pointed at us, making music, laughing, doing our THING just before going on stage.

Although it was strange to have the television crew around watching our every step, I am curious to see the final result of the work.

Still have some filming to do around the town with the portuguese team.

It will be lots of fun and, I guess, it will also feel kind of refreshing to enjoy a bit of this mad city showing its beauties, instead of just getting nervous about all the stuff I have to handle on a daily basis in Cairo.

P.S. My musicians felt very excited to show up in a portuguese television show and begged me to make them a copy of the program when it's aired. :)

No comments: