Saturday, January 15, 2011


Cairo, the 15th January, 2011


The happiest moments (on stage)


Oh, I could speak about the applauses and the wonderful comments my audiences from Egypt (and from all over the world) offer me. Those would be more than enough to give me reason and strenght to keep moving forward and trying my best to grow.


But there are even happier goodies when it comes to stage territory!


I tend to be a detail lover in everything I do. Whenever there is a beautiful detail in a room, I will be the first one to notice it. Everything original, smart, creative, out of ordinary order and sense, exceptional! I WILL notice it.
So there's no surprise to say that the happiest moments I enjoy on stage are not the ones one could easily guess.
A look, a smile or a joke I exchange with one of my musicians just before starting a new song, while on stage.
A perfect/ TOTAL moment, movement, deep breath.
A glimpse of God while dancing. Coming from, apparently, nowhere.
An appreciative reaction from a child in the audience or the general look of fascination of the public towards me, when I am REALLY DOING A GOOD JOB!
A hand gesture that gives me tremendous pleasure.
A realization, right there in the middle of any of my stages, that I am accomplishing all the dreams I once had and that they are, indeed, growing faster and bigger than I could ever imagine.
A comment of appreciation and respect from one of my musicians and that incredible thrill of knowing that, next and next time I perform, it will be given to me one more opportunity to do BETTER.
(Feeling the man I adore in my arms while dancing on stage...ups! That's (was) a kind of secret pleasure of mine...)

No comments: