Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Joana Saahirah Video Teasers - my Magical Dance Vision*


Here´s TEASER VIDEO # 1 of a series I´ve already promised to share on a weekly basis. Hope travelling and constant work will not stop me from keeping my word.


The idea is to share a series of vídeos that express a bit of the Vision I have of this Magical (Oriental) Dance. Some of them will be "obvious" in the sense of portraying short dance sequences, tips, movement´s explanation, pieces of choreographies, etc. Others will NOT be obvious and will - perhaps - remain misunderstood or simply ignored. I am perfectly ok with it (for all sorts of reasons my little sense of diplomacy doesn´t allow me to speak about).


I´ve never quite guided myself by what others expect, understand and like - if I did so, I would not be proud of myself and my work the way I am until today. What most people expect from Oriental Dance is pretty low, you know? So...with all due respect to my audience, students, fellow dancers, I will keep doing exactly what´s in my heart and my mind. Whoever catches it*, congratulations. Whoever does not catch it*, congratulations either (we all have a long way to go...somehow...).


Here´s the first Joana Saahirah Video Teaser*. Hope you enjoy it, feel it, understand it and use it.

No comments: