Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Arabic Songs (Eng. Subs) Kifak Inta كيفك إنت

Cairo, the 3rd November, 2010

My favourite song from my far from favourite singer (Fairouz)

Fairouz (lebanese biggest DIVA) has been a subject of argument and argumental fighting between me and lots of lebanese. They say she's the best, I answer Om Kolthoum IS THE BEST.

They love her voice, I think it's too high pitched and gives me headaches.

They say her reportoire is innovative and I say her reportoire is a mix of copies from different songs from all around the world with a sense of identity loss that does not, particularly, appeal to me.

Yet this song makes me enter in direct contradiction with myself.

Kifak enta is special...don't really know why.

Wish I could dance it one day, also don't know why.

And yes, I assume my absolute contradictions and unsolved mysteries. I must hate Fairouz so much that I listen to her again and again in this song that makes me wanna dance...

(Don't even try to figure me out! Neither will I.)

No comments: