Sunday, November 7, 2010


Cairo, the 7th November, 2010

Looking for the Woman in me (in my life as in my dance)

Why can't I be one of the sheeps? Act and think according to the masses and the society I live in?
Rest above my well earned successes and smile with my pride?
Why can't I be small minded, at times if that brings such comfort? Sometimes, I wish I had less brain, less heart and soul so that I wouldn't feel so much, see so much and live - day by day - with that urgency to experience everything in life as a burning - often painful - flame that never goes off.

While dancing, I search for the Woman in me. The TOTAL woman that feels herself 100% in her body, emotions and soul. I run away from conventional movement and music and, instead of it, I look out for a true version of my best self. In DANCE as in LIFE. Always urgent - as if I was going to die tomorrow and yet...maybe I will...- and always way to passionate for a world which has turned into cold rock.

I often wish I didn't have all this fire burning inside me but then...why live if I didn't?!

"I am forever punished by the gods for being given the fire and trying to put it out.
The fire, of course, is you."
Richard Burton refering to Elizabeth Taylor

No comments: