Monday, November 8, 2010




Cairo, the 9th November, 2010


Min kher leh (next musical theme I will dance in my show)


The great Mohamed Abdul Wahab composed the song Min Kher Leh (Don't ask why) for the also famous Abdel Halim Hafez to sing.
Mahmoud (Reda), my sweet teacher and eternal friend explained to me that Abdel Halim got to the rehearsals phase with the song but died before he could record it so Mohamed Abdul Wahab recorded it himself at the time, using this old recording many years later when it was edited in a tape with other themes.

Dancing this song in my show illustrates what I wish to say to a very special person in my life.

As an artist, I always used my own real life - states of mind, passions, sadness and happiness - as inspiration and material to work with. This time is no exception.

So, without asking why (ask God and the stars why...or...min kher leh...), I have to tell my man how much I love him.

Respect comes from character quality and I respect you.
Appreciation comes from well deserved esteem from all the good deeds you are capable of and I appreciate you.
Admiration comes from talent and ability to do something exceptional and I admire you.
But...Passion and love come from God. No reason. No why.
Min kher leh...I have to tell you how much I LOVE YOU and wish this divine feeling will always grow and make us fly together.
To the man of my life, my love, my only weakness , I will dance Min Kher Leh...

In your hands I surrender and leave behind the wild tiger I usually am. In your hands I am only LOVE because that's all I receive from you (and that's how you got the secret to enter my heart, well done, you!).

I will dance this song thinking of you, breathing you, feeling you inside me as you always are.

From a true lion who becomes a sweet cat in your hands (khalas...you're not afraid of cats anymore!), I whisper in your ear:
Love you so much...
and everything will be peace sleeping under the stars in divine silence...
and pure water will be running down our feet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very touching