Sunday, November 14, 2010




Cairo, the 14th November, 2010









Kamikaze show and

Happy on stage!


With less than one hour to prepare there I went running to the NILE MAXIM to substitute Randa Kamel (egyptian dancer for the ones who don't know her) who was not feeling well.


I had just arrived from my first tango lesson (this time, I will do it for real...no matter what!) and relaxing a bit before leaving to do my next show in another part of the city when the phone rang and the urgent request to perform within an hour came to me as a kamikaze little bomb that I had to handle in my hands with care and...just make it work into a beautiful explosion!

Not enough time to reach all my musicians so I had to perform with the orchestra of Randa Kamel. They know me only by name (except the tabal who worked with me for a few months) and I don't know them. Also not enough time for a proper rehearsal.

Full house with VIP people...yeah, right! And there I was happily thrown to the lion's cage without a clue of how it would all work out.

In a few minutes, I arranged the full hour program with the orchestra and prayed to God for the energy to flow!

Not surprisingly, the show was AMAZING and I thank God for that.

People were actually yelling my name and doing cute, appreciative remarks during the whole show. I was as HAPPY as ever...it made me remember that, no matter how hard are the circumstances around me (or even inside me, at the moment), I am truly HAPPY on stage!

I've always been and now, ready to start planning a new phase in my life and probably leave Egypt to conquer another horizons, I realize how HAPPY I am on stage, sharing all that I am with people, my real life experiences and feelings...

Being a GREAT dancer requires LIVING a GREAT life, otherwise your dance will always be fake, look phony and forced like an acting disaster of a truly bad actor...You need to have REAL LOVE in your life in order to DANCE REAL LOVE on stage. You need to breath joy and excitement in your " real life" in order to communicate that on stage in a truthful, credible way.

Dancers are not actors and I guess that's a common mistake in my profession.

A dancer should always RE-LIVE on stage the magnitude of his/her REAL LIFE, outside the stage. For that and in the sake of my DANCING, I am hungry for LIFE out there...thirsty for passion, for tango embraces with a gorgeous man, for sweet apples and magical treaps, for laughs and tears that come from the deepest place in my soul.

To dance better, I have to live better and MORE...oh, and I will...I am......

Happy...so HAPPY on stage!

No comments: