Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Flamenco | Amazing Dance by Joaquín Cortés



Cairo, the 3rd November, 2010

One of my favourite men...

I have a few favourite men and Joaquin Cortes is, for sure, one of them.

I once saw him stopped at a red light (in his gorgeous Porshe) while I was living in Madrid. He stared at me with his irresistible gipsy eyes and smiled.I grasped and searched for air to breath...I couldn't find it! I was so close to having a heart attack... That's how much I adored him and...still do.

I saw this man perform in Portugal - in a magnificent show called ALMA- SOUL - and then in Spain, for several occasions. Not only he represents my biggest dance frustration (not having digged really seriously into FLAMENCO) but he has that quality only a few elected artists possess: soul, charisma, a flair that leaves perfume in the air whenever he passes by, a presence...a magical presence...

In this video, I am reminded of my never forgotten old passion - Flamenco - but I also learn more about tempos, different ways of interpret the music and the incredible POWER of SILENCE and PAUSES.

This is basic school for all dancers.

Ah, and it doesn't hurt to mention that Joaquin Cortes is also gorgeous...that surely adds to my devotion to him (though not being the reason for it).

No comments: