Monday, November 22, 2010






Cairo, the 22nd November, 2010


Revolutions in my life, Tango delights and Dancing discoveries!

The tempest has arrived and it seems to be staying around for a while...I can't even catch my breath to recover from the shocks and turbulence...

I am, literally, out of breath in a way that is forcing me to reach for inner resources I didn't know I had to avoid drawning!

Injustices, disappointments in all areas of my life, more of the men trying to buy me in exchange for work...I am really getting tired of this "egyptian system" of treating women, specially female dancers and, in particular, what they call " belly dancers"!

Oh, such an old boring theme, really...

As an answer to low attacks, I always answer in style (my style) and never going down to the level of the aggressors. I am too proud for that!

So, although I am so exhausted, it's WAR TIME and I never gave my back to war when I know God is on my side and all I ever did was to struggle for my Art with honesty and a white heart.

I am not afraid of fighting so...let the enemies presume they are winning the battle because there's still a war to be decided and there's no way I give up without ending it victorious (with God's help).

Then it came the TANGO...

And it was a sweet surrender to pain and pleasure...

Ahhh...................................................................................................................................................................like a smooth breeze in my body, something soothing to distract me from all the harships.

Dancing for pleasure - not for professional purposes - has its own secret taste.

Letting myself go in the arms of my partner and listening to that tender/passionate conversation happen through movement is pure magic.

Above all, I feel great to learn a new dance and flow with it, without deciding what to do all the time (as I do in my work).

I dance tango with my eyes shut. I did it the first time a professional grabbed me and danced with me (long time ago, in Spain) and I still do it. Tango is really pure feeling and listening to your partner's heart. So beautiful....

I close my eyes and let my partner take me away, talking to me in a language that is close to making love with your man. (Just sooooo damned sexy!)

If most people consider Oriental Dance as a sensual dance, then I tell them:

-Oh, please!!! Check Tango and then tell me about S-E-N-S-U-A-L-I-T-Y.

Oriental Dance is a sensual relation between the dancer and God within herself. It's me with myself in a highly elevated way, almost absent in my own body.

Tango, in comparison, is a sensual relation between a man and a woman, body to body, heart to heart. More carnal, more human in the earthy aspect of what Humanity is.

Tango is a conflict, a passional discussion between two lovers who cannot escape their human fragilities, attachment, jealousy, need of needing and being needed. Tango is not " me with myself" or " me and God within myself" but me and a man, both human and on fire.

How delicious can it get?!

And there I go, listening to my partner's heart beat and following him with my infamous eyes closed, giving him hints of who I am and how I love through simple dance steps, simple walking hand in hand.

I am delighted and anxious to get started with my first milonga. That will be amazing,,,

Classes are great but being in a milonga and practicing with different partners has its own magical adventure to it!

P.S. Who knew that Tango could be such a life saver?!

No comments: