Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Miguel Poveda e Mariza - Meu Fado Meu

Cairo, the 3rd November, 2010

Both sides of my personal coin!

I was born in Portugal but raised - in considerable part of my childhood - in the south of Spain so I see myself between these two countries, enjoying the influences and, probably, limitations from both sides.

I usually say I have fire and ocean in my blood. Fire from Spain and the Ocean from Portugal. All emotion and passion, blue and red, blood and tears (of sadness, of joy, of ecstasy!!!).

In this video, I feel the musical connection between these two sides of my personal coin.

Flamenco singer interpreting a portuguese theme (MEU FADO) and Mariza, a well known portuguese fado singer doing her own thing in the same song. The styles mingle with each other like a fire place by the ocean.

What's in common? The SOUL, the deepness of each word and the impossibility to run away from our own DESTINY (now that's soooooo portuguese...:).

No comments: