Sunday, November 28, 2010


Cairo, the 29th November, 2010


James Bond at the supermarket


Even a simple shopping session in a supermarket can turn into a traumatizing event in Cairo!

I took the chance to do some shopping between a morning show and an afternoon show (why not?) and how surprised I was to see that I was being followed by a man from the moment I got into the supermarket until God knows when...


He followed me around leaving sexual remarks in my ears as he passed by me while I called him bad names (which he seemed to find amusing (?!) ) and felt like a true James Bond but reversed!
Instead of chasing the enemies, I ran away from the enemies. Between aisles of milk and vegetables, I escaped the pervert in so many ways as the ones my imagination could conceive.
For the first time in my life, I actually felt scared due to the aggressivity and quality of sexual remarks of the mental retard who was following me.
I thought he would quit after I almost threw up on his face but no chance on that hope and there I finally reached the point when I was starting to get really freaked out and recurred to the security of the place.
To my astonishment, the security didn't understand why I was complaining.
I explained them that a man was sexually harassing me and following me throughout the whole supermarket and the answer I got was
" What's the problem? You are so beautiful! What do you want us to do about it?"
Translation: " You are beautiful and you're showing yourself in public without the company of a man (brother, husband or father) so...what do you expect to get? You DESERVE the sexual harassement."
I could have stuck the frozen sausages of the fridge in their dirty mouths and yet I didn't. I catched myself and had to deal with the sexual pervert myself because, as usual, I saw there was no protection for women, whatsoever.
If you're pretty, you should lock yourself at home or always me acompanied by a man in order no to be bothered. If you refuse to do both, then PAY THE PRICE.
How frustrating - and enraging - is that?!

No comments: