Saturday, December 11, 2010


Cairo, the 11th December, 2010


Moments that are worth everything (and I mean everything...)


Today is not a day for hard truths or adventures. This is a special
Thanks Giving day for all the things and people who compensate for the hard times you often find in this Oriental Dance path.
Incredible how you find so many low quality people in such a high quality ART! It says fascinating facts about humans and how contradictory we tend to be.
All the mess makes me remember my religious observations and how, generaly, the most depravated, awful creatures assume themselves as practicing religious people.
I often find this same puzzling contrast in Oriental Dance professionals from every where. There are a few AMAZING individuals, totally out of this world but they are a minority.
How come there are so many strange, evil people in such a beautiful, wise and magic DANCE environment?
Oh, we'll never know, I guess.
In this photo, here I am with a student (dear Sultana, you were a spark that lighted on me) in the end of a private class. These private things we shared in our classes will not do a great publicity poster or will not add much to my apparent success but they give meaning to my whole path.
Sharing my soul, experience, knowledge and feelings with a wonderful student so eager to learn and to go deeper into the subject is a PLEASURE that compensates for a lot of hard things I have to deal with on a constant basis.
Today I can only say: thanks GOD for the compensationary pleasures and blessings you send me to ease the road and heal my wounds, renewing my strenght to move forward.

No comments: