Sunday, December 19, 2010




Cairo, the 20th December, 2010


Tango: becoming an addiction...

There was once a man I loved who invented a special and unique kind of dance with me. We just invented a dance that did not exist, I guess the "dance of love", at least I want to believe that was IT!
That dance will stay in my memory as the most beautiful thing I've ever experienced, the most significant and unforgettable movement and an exercise of freedom and courage
("Come on, baby, you don't have to know how to tango...let's just dance what we feel and enjoy" - I told him.
And we did. We danced something with no name, not cathalogued in the dances of the world, not from this world...and we DID.
Enjoy. Being happy and silly. And crazy and in love like two small children discovering LOVE for the first time.
That dance will stay in my memory for as long as I live and the man who shared with me will too.:))
NOW the REAL TANGO I am learning now for a month is turning into an addiction, quite like a drug.
Here I am recently arrived from my class and milonga, my feet hurting from all the TANGO partners I had in my arms and with so much adrenaline that I can hardly imagine to sleep tonight.
Through tango, I fly and travel to another worlds. The better the dance partner, the better the treap. It depends on the energy we are able to exchange, the passion for the music, for the PASSION itself...
Who needs haxixe, cigars, alcohol and all the drugs artists usually take around here when there is something called TANGO?!

No comments: