Tuesday, December 7, 2010




Cairo, the 7th December, 2010




Feeling lucky!



From the deepest disappointments, great amounts of wisdom and clear vision can arise.

When we're able to watch everything around us crumbling down as a spectator of his/her own life and from that destruction build new castles, then we're always winners (no matter how many times we get hit by thunderbolts and turmoil).

The lights explode (dear evil eye, from where did you come from so strong this time?!) and the washing machine stopped working at home, I get yet another knive on my back from a friend and a once trusted co-worker, the men in my profession keep on sexually harassing me and punishing me dearly for not giving in into their plans, I have been sick and nauseated for the last few days (something so rare in me), Winter is here to stay (hate the cold and the absence of sun) and the last Nile fed vegetables I bought to cook were rotten .

The political elections are on in Egypt and the awful psychopat photos of the candidates pollute the already messy landscape of Cairo (how ugly and scary can these guys get???) while my mind and heart get polluted by constant disappointments coming from people around me (both in my personal and my professional lives) and yet...yet...I see the light and feel more peaceful than ever.

My favourite dancing dress is ruined - was ruined in the last wedding I did a couple of days ago - and I got my also favourite earrings lost. "No problem..." It could always be worse...

There's no sun in the sky and I struggle between the wish to fight back with all that I have and the rush to travel to India just to breath, to bath in the Ganga river near from the Hymalaias and drink my hot chai masala watching Bollywood movies and smelling the incense.

And yet...yet...I never felt so peaceful and in perfect bliss.

Go figure!

All seems dark and yet I have learnt that you should not give pearls to the pigs (they eat garbadge and will not recognize or appreciate a pearl...it's a totally wasted value) and that, indeed, you can always build amazing castles from the rocks you find in your way.

No comments: